Controllers of Personal Information
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access or obtain copies of the personal information held about you by us.
A response to your request will be provided to you within 40 days of us receiving a valid request. If you wish to exercise this right against our partners you will need to write to them directly. In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, we are entitled to charge £10 to cover the administration costs.
You have the right to request that we correct any inaccuracies in the personal information held about you. Please contact us on 0344 381 6530 or contact your local branch if your personal information needs updating.
You are also entitled to request the removal of your personal data from our records. To do so, please write to the Data Protection Officer, Herts Insurance Consultants, 2 The Causeway, Bishops Stortford, Hertfordshire, CM23 2EJ. For security reasons, you must include your full name, address and date of birth when writing to us.
You have a right to submit a complaint to the Information Commissioner if you believe we have not complied with our obligations under the Data Protection Act.
You have the right to have your data transmitted directly to another data controller where technically feasible.
You have the right to restrict data processing, where this does not conflict with our contractual obligations, where;
- You contest the accuracy of the personal data we hold
- The processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your data
- We no longer need the data for processing, but the data is required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
- You have objected to the processing of your data pending the verification of whether the legitimate grounds for processing override your objection.
You have the right to object to the automated processing of your data including, but not limited to, profiling. This excludes where the processing is necessary for entering into a contract, or the performance of our contractual obligations.
Uses For Your Data
The data you provide to us will be used by us (or our trusted service providers acting on our behalf) for the following purposes:
Quotation: Your data will be used to provide you with the best quote with our trusted partners in relation to the insurance services you are requesting a quotation for.
To ensure our insurers and credit providers have the necessary facts to assess your insurance risk, verify your identity, to help prevent fraud and to provide you with their best premium and payment options, they may obtain information from third parties at quotation and renewal and in certain circumstances where policy amendments are requested. This information includes a quotation search from a credit referencing agency. This search will appear on your credit report and will be visible to other credit providers. It will be clear that this is a quotation rather than a credit application by you to pay by monthly instalments.
We may use scoring methods to assess this application. This information may also be used for debt tracing and the prevention of money laundering as well as the management of your account. Alternatively, we may ask you to provide physical forms of identification.
- Customer Services: Should you need to query, amend or cancel a policy you have taken up with us, we will use your personal data to assist you with the action or enquiry you are contacting us for.
- To contact you in any way (including mail, email, telephone, text or multimedia messages) about products and services offered by us and/or carefully selected partners unless you have previously asked us not to do so. You can opt-out of receiving such information at any time by contacting us.
- Profiling: We will pass your data to Fast Stats for profiling in order to help us tailor products that will suit your needs. To opt out of data profiling, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- To show you advertising showcasing our products and services that we think will be of interest to you when you visit other sites around the internet. To help us ensure that you see the most relevant advertisements possible via non-identifiable tracking via services including Google Analytics remarketing, demographics and interest retargeting and Facebook custom audiences. To opt out of these services, you can visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/ and http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices
Data We Collect
We collect personal data and sensitive personal data as part of providing services to you. We may also monitor or record calls, emails, SMS messages or other communications in accordance with UK and European law.
Types of data we may collect
Examples of personal data we may collect includes:
- Name, address, date of birth and gender
- Telephone numbers and email address
- Occupation and other lifestyle information
- Credit/debit card details
- Claims history
- Criminal convictions
Sensitive personal data
Examples of sensitive personal data we may collect includes:
- Medical history
Call recording and monitoring
We monitor or record calls, emails, SMS messages or other communications for:
- Business purposes such as quality control and training
- Processing necessary for entering into or performance of a contract
- Prevention of unauthorised use of our telecommunication systems and websites
- Ensuring effective systems operation
- Meeting any legal obligation
- Protecting your vital interests
- Prevention or detection of crime
- The legitimate interests of the data controller
If you have a telematics device, we will use the device to capture data from your vehicle. This information includes:
- Other associated vehicle information
We do not sell your data to third-party companies. We may share your data with selected third parties for:
- Making credit decisions – with your consent we will carry out a credit check which may be used to make insurance decisions about you. If you elect to pay your insurance by monthly instalments it will also be used to make decisions about your creditworthiness. If you are paying by monthly instalments your data will also be shared with Premium Credit Limited, who we use for finance agreements.
- Marketing – if you ask for a quote from us we may pass your data to Maze Media who may contact you in any way (including mail, email, telephone, text or multimedia messages) about products and services offered by us and/or carefully selected partners regardless of whether you take out an insurance policy with us. You can opt out of marketing at any point by emailing your request to email@example.com
- Claims handling – in the event of a claim your details will be passed to Coplus and/or Bankstone who we use for claims handling.
- Fraud prevention – we may share your data for the prevention of insurance fraud.
- Telematics – if you have a telematics device, we will share your data with iTelematiX Limited who are the joint controllers of you telematics data.
- Other insurers – we will provide information relating to No Claims Bonus, claims history and motoring convictions with other insurers.
Data Retention Policy
Information submitted for a quotation may be retained by us for a period of 15 months from the date of quotation. Policyholder information will be held for a period of at least 6 years after the ending of the client/insurer relationship.
Over the years we have successfully negotiated large discounts for our customers and have only been able to do this because of the quality of the business we provide to our insurer partners. It is vital that we protect these discounts, enabling us to continue offering our customers fantastic prices on great products.
This additional paperwork does generate more work for you and for us, but ultimately our customers benefit from our stringent quality control of new policies. It allows us to accurately underwrite a policy and provide correct cover and pricing, particularly should new information come to light which we were previously unaware of.
A few minutes of your time sending us the documents requested will allow us to continue offering some of the most competitive rates found anywhere in the UK insurance market.
Driving Licence Number ("MyLicence")
The number is used to do an automatic check with the DVLA driver database, to retrieve the required information. The provided information is:
- Type of licence held
- Length of time the licence has been held for
- Entitlements to drive
- Penalty points
- Conviction dates
Fraud Prevention, Detection and Claims History
In order to prevent and detect fraud we may at any time:
- Share information about you with other organisations and public bodies including the Police check and/or file your details with fraud prevention agencies and databases and, if you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this with ourselves, these agencies and databases. We and other organisations may also search these agencies and databases to:
- Help make decisions about the provision and administration of insurance, credit and related services for you and members of your household trace debtors or beneficiaries, recover debt, prevent fraud and to manage your accounts or insurance policies check your identity to prevent money laundering.
- Undertake credit searches and additional fraud searches. We can supply on request further details of the databases we access or contribute to.
For statistical analysis and to track how many individual unique users we have and how often they visit our websites. We collect data listing which of our pages are most frequently visited and by which types of users and from which countries.
We use third parties, such as Google Analytics, Google Adwords, DoubleClick, Microsoft Bing, Clicktale, to collect completely anonymous user information which is gathered through cookies. These help us gauge our effectiveness in meeting users' needs and improve our service to you.
We use session cookies to help you navigate through the site and show you useful information, such as helpful phone numbers. Session cookies also enable you to use services such as online quotes, customer contact forms, callbacks, and online policy administration.
You can turn cookies off, but if you do this you may not be able to use all of the services available on our sites. You will still be able to view the majority of the informational content on the site.
For more information about cookies and managing them, including how to turn them off, please visit https://www.aboutcookies.org/
We cannot be held responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites linked to our websites. We do take great care in ensuring only links to companies, organisations and individuals following the same standards and policies as us remain on our website, but we cannot guarantee this. In such instances, you are advised to check the privacy policies on external websites that are not a part of the Adrian Flux Insurance Services Group.