Camper Hire Insurance

Looking for Camper Hire Insurance?

We offer insurance coverage from a minimum of 3 days, to a week or on an annual hire policy if you are making a business of it.

Thinking of hiring out your Camper or Motorhome but don’t know how to insure it? Call us on call 01256 449396 and speak to our specialist team or use our web call back service and we will call you back at a time to suit you.

Do people want to hire my Camper?

YES… “Staycation” holidays were on the increase already, but this summer, mainly due to travel restrictions due to Covid-19, there has been a huge demand for Campers and Motorhomes to hire. Most hire firms are fully booked this summer.

The Express is quoting an estimated £8billion boost to the UK economy. View Article Here 

So where can I hire out my Motorhome or Campervan?

There are lots of websites, do your own research, but here are some that we know other customers are using.

Be safe, not sorry?

If you want to sleep soundly, whilst someone else is sleeping in your Camper or Motorhome, make sure you take out the right insurance policy. We have a very experienced team that will guide you through the process and help you take out the right cover for you and the person hiring your vehicle.

Who can be insured to drive my vehicle?

Our Camper Van and Motorhome policies can cover up to 4 drivers total (Insured + 3 named drivers) and can offer cover to drivers aged 21+

What are the minimum days I can hire out - Try before I commit?

3 days, is the minimum short term insurance cover. And you can just take out a policy for the days you hire out your vehicle. We also offer Annual policies if you enjoy hiring out your Camper and want to make more of a ‘career’ of it.

Can I just add someone as a named driver when I hire out my Camper or Motorhome and save money?

The short answers NO, but check your specific policy. The vast majority of policies strictly exclude “Hire and Reward’ as part of the policy. So, you could end up losing the value of the vehicle and the person hiring potentially could end up with points on the license for driving uninsured.

What’s covered?

Not only can we offer hire insurance, that mirrors the insurance you have for you to drive your camper, but examples of our extra benefits are:
• £2000 cover for personal belongings/camping equipment
• £1000 cover for loss or damage to your awning

What types of vehicles can be insured by JK Hire Insurance?

Give us a call to call to confirm we can cover your specific vehicle, but generally

• Classic Campers
• Modern Campers and Motorhomes
• Caravanettes
• Home Converted Campers
• Vans (vehicle must be modified as a camper if listed as a van)
• Coach built Motorcaravans
• US Motorcaravans
• Imported Vehicles, such as Mazda Bongos


Do you offer breakdown cover?

Yes, we can offer short term or annual breakdown cover for the UK and mainland Europe.

How can I get Camper Hire cover?

Just call 01256 449396 and speak to our specialist team or use our web call back service and we will call you back at a time that suits you.